Friday, October 1, 2010

Yep...I'm a planner!






Yesterday I had a message from Dr. V's  (my Colorado oncologist) office saying that Dr. Fan (my Stanford doctor) had called and canceled my CAT scan today.  They said she thought a PET scan would be better to do and give them more info.  So I'm still on for the port surgery Monday morning, and then I will schedule the PET scan sometime next week.

My positive thought for today:

Everyone gets sick.  Everyone gets the flu or a bad cold that keeps that down for a little while.  They don't get to choose when that will be, it just happens.
Well.........I get to plan when I'm going to be sick.  And anyone who knows me knows how I like to plan things :)  I get to get my house cleaned, laundry caught up, bills all paid, groceries bought.  And then I can be down for a little bit!  Yep, I'm a planner.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear Bensons,
    I imagine that, by now, you have been "Imported". My dear husband calls mine my "valve stem". I'm sure you will think of new ways to decorate around this new apparatus. Chemo affects everyone in different ways, as you know. Thankfully, you get to have some good days in between treatments. I love that, in the scriptures, it never does say, "And it came to stay..." I wonder if Joseph Smith had any idea of how many times the Lord's words to him would be recounted by others who feel we've touched the depths of anguish, when he recorded them in the Doctrine and Covenants. I know that you know Heavenly Father and you are in charge. It's great to have knowledgeable doctors to carry out what they know but you and your Father are the only ones who know what's right for you. We love and pray for you. Jensens

    ReplyDelete