Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm Baaaaack

I've turned the corner...HOORAY!  
Tuesday afternoon I still felt pretty crummy.  I called my doctor because I was just so sick of being sick.  She called me in a couple of prescriptions to try (one was Prilosec for my stomach and the other was Decadron steroid for the achiness).  I came home and took both pills.  I don't know if it was a combination of that, or just timing...but Tuesday night I started feeling better.

Wednesday I woke up with a slight headache, took some Tylenol, and then felt great all day.  I felt like myself more than I have in weeks and weeks.  I went to see Dr. V yesterday and had some blood work done to see if my white blood cells have come back up.  I should hear back from her today on that, but judging how I've felt, THEY'RE BACK!!! 

The only thing I'm still struggling with is sleep.  I guess being on steroids really messes with your sleep.  So having gone off the high dose of Prednisone I was on, and then being put on a very small dose of Decadron is wreaking havoc on my sleep cycle.  Even taking "sleep aids" is not helping.  Last night I went to bed at 10pm.  I put the book down I had been reading at 12:30am.  I fell asleep until 2:30am and then was up for the day.  Weird thing is...I'm not super tired.  Today I'm going off ALL steroids, so it should be interesting to see if I crash :) 

Well, today while I'm still feeling energetic, I'm going to do  Sam's Club / Walmart day.  I'm looking forward to contributing a little around here.  It's also funny how this kind of day sounds fun.  I've just noticed while I was down, it's the little things I really missed doing. 

my mini list of "little things" I missed doing
1.  Doing Hope's hair
2. playing Wii with josh
3. cleaning (yes I missed doing this)
4. Saturday outings with Lauren  (going to the mall / Pretzelmaker)
5. Date nights with this cute guy I live with
6. mostly just interacting with my kids day to day

Here's what I've figured out.  I think that during this "chemo" process I will have a week or so of feeling horrible, and then a couple of weeks of feeling good.  I'm hoping that is how things go.  I'm going to take it one treatment at a time, but hope for the best.  I know I still have to be careful (immune system wise).  Dr. V said if I get an infection at all I would have to be admitted to the hospital.  Unfortunately, THAT does not fit into my schedule :)   But with ((fingers crossed))  I'm going to live my life as much as possible while I'm feeling good, and take time off to be sick when I'm sick...and get through this chemo stuff.

Happy Halloween this weekend. Don't forget to check all the chocolate your kids bring home in their bag (and by that I mean take a bite)!  Mmmmmmm 


  1. You are awesome, Jen! So good to hear your voice last night and catch up a little bit. One day at a time, my friend. And, hooray for the little things in life that make it all worthwhile!!

  2. This is how isolated and out of touch I am Jen. I just found out about your latest fight that you are going to win. I would love to help in any way and I will be in touch. I should let you know when I'm working so you can text me at 2:30 a.m. when you are wide awake. Take care!


  3. Jen, first off, I love your haircut! Second, I'm so glad you were able to find a wig that looks like YOUR hair. I'm am continually amazed at your strength, at your families strength and how positive you are! Always in our thoughts and prayers!