Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Click HERE: to read about a MIRACLE

Well..there's just no other way to put it.  

I had my PET scan yesterday.  It went about the same as the first one.  Actually...it went a little better because during the part where I have to sit completely still for 1 hour, they let me listen to my ipod.   Now that I know about Pandora radio (best thing ever!) I put in on Jim Brickman Christmas channel  (if you don't know who Jim Brickman is...you need to find out -STAT!) Needless to say, it helped the time go a little faster.
  Then when I went actually in to have the scan they let me take my ipod  with me to the scan so I could continue to relax, me and Jim, during the scan.   It was wonderful!

  So, now the MIRACLE:

I received a phone call from my oncologist office and she said the report came back as follows:

Every location there was cancer from previous scan is 100% resolved.  Meaning it's gone.  100%
Then I said "Even where it had spread to the bone in my spine?"
And she said " Even there!".
And then she said............."Merry Christmas".

And then I said nothing  ('cuz I was a little teary)

But my next thought was "Thank you".  First and foremost, thank you to my Heavenly Father because I think of this as nothing less than a miracle.  I know ultimately I only have so much control over the course of my life.  I know that at all times my life is in His hands, and every day I have is a gift from Him.
But then the list of thank yous goes on and on and on.  And you're on the list!  I will never be able to express the gratitude I have in my heart for all those who have shown me and my family love and concern.

I will continue with my next 3 rounds of chemo because if there is any trace of cancer at all, it needs to be gone.  I will also still have my BMT consults next week and harvest clean bone marrow.

I will continue to fight this fight.  From day one I planned on winning.  I know it's not over, but it feels so good to know I'm in the lead!  ~♥

                                                   ( My best radiology report so far.............)



7 comments:

  1. Hooray!! Hooray!!! That is great news. And what a wonderful time of year to have a true miracle occur. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears streaming down my face--I'm SO happy!!! That is the BEST news! Now you can enjoy Christmas more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOOO happy for you! I can't even believe it! Michele told me the good news... and I had to take a moment to let it sink in! Oh, Jen! I could not stop smiling... I told all my kids...(they asked what I was so excited about).... and they were so happy.. even though they don't know you. They were so cute... after I explained it to them... they said... Wow, Mom.. Her kids must be so happy!

    Well... You are awesome. I know a living Miracle! I feel so honored. Next time you are in Vegas.. you better come by... because I cannot wait to give you a great big hug! I love you! Merry Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!! That's fantastic! Wow!! I'm so happy for you! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. You are such an inspiration, and there is a reason why you are here! I love you and am so grateful to hear the happy news.

    ReplyDelete